Falklands War: Memories
In 2017 it was 35 years since the Falklands War and, as you have read in your textbook, Argentina has in recent years renewed its claim on the islands. Read the personal memories from the war on the website linked below and answer the questions.
- What adjective does Enrique use to describe the war? Why do you think he feels this way?
- What does Enrique think the political situation should be for the islands?
- What sentiment does Gregory Butt express about the British involvement in the war?
- How does Carl Evans view the political situation on the island?
- What do you think about the prospects for peace in the Falklands if you compare Enrique’s and Carl’s attitudes about the island’s sovereignty?